Monday, September 14, 2009

SSL errors in Firefox

Since recently I have noticed that Firefox, every now and then, tries to access two servers using SSL that have no valid certificates. Both servers are accessed without me requesting anything so it must either be something that another website is using (the last times this has happened I had Gmail open in one of my tabs) or something else is trying to open.

One server is int.fmsolutions.pl which returns a "sec_error_unknown_issuer". I have no idea why anything would try to connect to that server so I'm slightly worried again. My password paranoia is back :-S

Anybody knows what that server does? Googling only reveals one dodgy SMS login page ...

The other server was a subdomain of blue-cdp.com which belongs to a company called QPASS. I know these guys from previous work experience where they have acted as a content management solution for a mobile operator. Why would anything on my system connect to that server? The SSL error I see mentions a problem with the server mentioned in the certificate: it contains a wild-card character '*' but that does not seem to match the server my Firefox tried to access.

Is there any option in Firefox that allows you to see the exact history of URLs that have been accessed recently? Like a log or something?

No comments:

Post a Comment